The Planning and Conservation League (the League) and the PCL Foundation are proud to announce this year’s award recipients for their extraordinary environmental work and leadership during 2009. Award winners will be recognized at a luncheon during the League and Foundation’s annual Environmental Legislative Symposium, “Greening California’s Landscapes: Smart Solutions for a New Era,” on Saturday, January 30, 2010 in downtown Sacramento.
Awards will go to the following individuals and organizations:
• Assemblymember Pedro Nava is being recognized as Legislator of the Year for his leadership in defeating PXP’s proposal and for being a champion for an oil severance tax.
• Bill Yeates will receive the Carla Bard Award for Individual Achievement for authoring the Community Guide to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and assistance with the Local Climate Action Initiative.
• The Mother Lode Chapter of the Sierra Club is receiving the David Gaines Award for Non-Profit Work for the Chapter’s successful campaign to revise the Stockton General Plan incorporating cutting edge climate change policies.
• Debbie Davis is being recognized for her leadership in the Water Summit and her celebrated expertise in the Legislature on environmental justice issues, as the Environmental Justice Advocate of the Year.
• Martha Davis will receive the Dorothy Green Water Advocate of the Year Award for her professional leadership, tireless efforts and commitment to water issues in California and along the Los Angeles River.
• Small Business California is the Environmental Business of the Year for its direction, presence and consistent commitment in supporting AB 32 and energy efficiency over the last several years.
Join us to celebrate these environmental heroes for their outstanding work on behalf of the environment!