Water Conservation – How You Can Help
Join us in improving water management in California by changing your own use of water. Below are some simple suggestions to help you use water more efficiently:
- Install low-flow showerheads and don’t linger too long in the shower.
- Use faucet aerators in all sinks.
- Update your toilet with a dual-flush model that will save water.
- Convert some of your lawn to plantings of native species that are adapted to the local climate and need little watering once established.
- Collect rainwater runoff from your roof and use it to water your lawn and garden.
- Mulch your garden well, water in the evening, and consider using drip irrigation to give your plants a refreshing, water-efficient drink.